We will guide your preparation for URAC Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Practice Certification! Professional Services Network provides expert consultation to companies seeking recognition with URAC. URAC now offers PCMH Achievement recognition for practices in developmental stages and a Certification for higher performing practices.
Our consultants’ credentials include actual work experience as URAC accreditation surveyors. We have a proven track record working with all types of managed care and provider organizations. We are committed to delivering high-quality consultative services and assistance with program development in a cost-efficient manner to meet YOUR time requirements.
Our URAC PCMH consultant expert has the first-hand knowledge and experience to evaluate your organization’s readiness for recognition by URAC for PCMH Practice Achievement or Certification and can guide you with a blueprint for PCMH success.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
URAC defines a patient centered medical home (PCMH) as a quality-driven, clinician-led approach to care coordination and delivery that positions patients, family members, and personal caregivers at the center of all decisions concerning the patient’s health and wellness. A PCMH empowers patients and their families/caregivers to be active participants in care through patient-friendly education and shared decision-making.
URAC’s PCMH Certification is comprised of standards that align with the “Joint Principles of the Patient Centered Medical Home,” issued by the four leading national primary care medical societies. URAC’s Certification program delivers on the promises of health care reform by increasing access to services, supporting care coordination across the continuum, improving patient accountability through information and active decision-making and driving efficiency and effectiveness.
URAC’s PCMH includes seven modules essential to primary healthcare:
• Core Quality Care Management
• Patient-Centered Operations Management
• Access and Communications
• Testing and Referrals
• Care Management and Coordination
• Electronic Capabilities
• Quality Performance Reporting and Improvement
What can URAC Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Practice Certification do for your practice?
• The Medical Home concept has been associated with improved quality, equity and staff/provider satisfaction and has the potential to reduce overall health care costs.
• URAC’s PCMH Certification process provides both strong educational support and cost advantages; PSN involvement enhances the educational aspects on the road to recognition.
• The PCMH practice enhances access to primary care services, making it easier for patients to contact their personal healthcare team.
Detailed information regarding URAC’s PCMH Achievement and Certification Programs can be accessed through: https://www.urac.org/accreditation-and-measurement/accreditation-programs/all-programs/patient-centered-medical-home/
What PSN can do for you?
• Provide on-site consultation and training to enhance understanding of the URAC PCMH standards
• Assist your organization as it applies for and obtains recognition as a medical home through URAC’s PCMH Programs
• Prepare and present a gap analysis tool to assist in evaluating the readiness and capacity of the organization to prepare for certification
• Assess PCMH documentation evidence for compliance to URAC standards
• Develop policy and procedure to meet the URAC standards
• Assemble your URAC PCMH application, including AccreditNet filing
• Conduct on-site mock surveys
• Perform file audits
• PCMH Program operations consulting
• Design and implement a Quality Management program
Meet our Consultants at https://www.psninc.net/consulting/consultants/
We are very happy with our PSN Consultants; they are providing invaluable expertise as we pursue the NCQA accreditation. I know we could not do without their expertise; and they are easy to work with, which is a big plus.
We are delighted that your PSN Consultant could step in on such short notice and provide so much value to us. She is a real credit to your organization.
We are very pleased with our PSN Consultant. She was approachable, timely in her turnaround time, and the team enjoyed working with her. Her comments and mock interviews were spot on.
As an organization, we were confident to rely on the PSN consultant's expertise to guide us through the health plan accreditation process. She is a top-notch consultant who I would recommend at the highest possible level.
Our PSN consultant's skill set exceeded the job requirements. She has provided us excellent direction as to how to streamline the presentation of our documentation to direct surveyors in their reviews, how to demonstrate standards are met, the use of specific language to show alignment with standards, and how to create reports that clearly summarize expected results and metrics. We have been thrilled with her support to our team.